A really nice soup especially if you love ginger.
When I made it for the first time my husband, the official taster, said “it’s good but… you have to like ginger!”.
That’s true, I mean… you have to put some ginger into the soup to make a proper carrot and ginger soup! Moreover, the ginger gives a fresh touch and the carrots, especially organic carrots, are healthy and rich in acetylsalicylic acid, which is, to be more precise, the component of the famous aspirin.
This is, after all, an easy to make and healthy soup : )
Ginger and carrot soup
1 large patato
750 gr carrots
4 sticks celery
30 gr root ginger
- Chop the onions, carrots, potato and celery.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add two tbsp of olive oil, stir in the onions, celery and patato and saute’ for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chopped carrots, cover with 1 litre of water and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes finely grate the ginger and stir into the pan.
- Cook until tender, season and bled it until smooth, using a stick blender or a food processor, then push trough a large sieve into a clean pan, using a spoon to help. Discard the bits left in the sieve.
- Serve it warm or cold with a spoonful of soured cream and garnish with some chive